Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ninety minutes before closing time the customer walked in, looked at me helping another customer, and grumped around the office. This was the customer who would not look me in the eye, or listen to me, or leave, or take the rental, and we eventually argued until it took everything out of me. Then there were other customers, the regulars with the regular complaints and Chris stuck in traffic, and one red-eyed customer who could not locate her driver’s license. And then it was over.

I wanted a hug, I wanted to cry, I wanted to go home, I had things to accomplish, and they were all in different directions. On this drive I nearly T-boned a car that zoomed in front of me, but stopped in time for the car behind me to crack my tow hitch receptor. Again I wanted a hug, I wanted to cry, I wanted to home, I had things to accomplish, and they were still in opposite directions of each other.

No comments: