Thursday, July 05, 2007

god is in the details

The voice mail said I had to reschedule my doctor's appointment. Since I expected Mark would miss this one, and I was eager to talk to the doc, I rescheduled for a day earlier. The incident, without there being anything out of the ordinary, niggled at me.

The next morning we were given the time and location of Kesha's memorial service. If the doctor's office hadn't called and rescheduled, I would have missed the service. It brought a huge smile to my face. Despite my doubts, God declared He truly is in the details.

A couple months ago a panel was asked to share about prayer. One lady said to pray for the details.

I shy from praying for details. Rather, I should say, I avoid praying for particular outcomes. If you are praying for details, the easier it is to pray for a particular outcome. God has shown, too many times, that His outcomes are better, so I don't like to tell Him what to do. I don't like praying for details.

Then something like this happens. It is important to me to attend Kesha's memorial service. I was concerned it would take place over the weekend while I was out of town. God knew that, even though I did not address Him with my concern. I had decided to wait and not be anxious about the time and date of the service. Before I could get anxious about my conflict of interests--important doctor's visit v. memorial service--He resolved the conflict. That was huge, and causes me to trust Him with all the details.

No comments: